List COMP customize scrollbar

Hello,
I wanted to ask if anybody found some way to customize scrollbars in a List COMP?

I think that it’s not possible, but perhaps someone more experienced could give me some advice on how to approach this?

I was thinking about building my own scrollbar maybe and turning the stock scrollbars on List COMP off… Any recipe sombeody could link perhaps? :slight_smile: I’ve tried to rebuild one from some List component in the palette, but man I’ve got lost in it… the TUIK components are still a mystery to me (and so is TScript, which is used in them I think. It uses some odd naming convention, like panelw, screenhm. These parameters I could not find in the Properties window. As I said - completely lost… :slight_smile: )

Thanks,
Sky

No direct way to customize listCOMP scrollbars. If you want a start on building scrollbars, go into /sys/TDTox and check out the scrollPanel component. The math is there, but you won’t be able to customize much but colors easily.

@Ivan Would adding scrollbar look options (colour, width, border pars) be a possibility in the latest batch of List COMP/Lister enhancements? These would be incredibly useful, especially since scrollbars currently appear rather light in dark interfaces.

2 Likes

It has been discussed, just hasn’t bubbled to the top of RFEs yet. I’ll add this post for extra buoyancy

2 Likes

I’ve been working with the list COMP a lot recently and I too would love some way to edit the scrollbar. Perhaps in addition to letting us edit the existing scroll bar we can simply set the scroll attribute with a custom made scrollbar?

I’m currently making a list where not only can you scroll, but also zoom in and out by changing the rowHeight, but the base scrollbar doesn’t update correctly when you just edit the rowHeight attributes. For this to work right now you have to reset the entire list, which is very slow. I’d love to be able to make something similar to the “Range” UI Widget in the palette then directly edit the scroll value.

In my opinion the List COMP is a life saver for creating performant UI, but could shine even brighter with a bit more customizability

2 Likes