Using instances and Ray SOP

Hi,
I’m trying to create some transforming sphere instances and then use them with a ray sop to deform a grid, but I’m having trouble getting it all to work.

I can take the transforming data, use it to translate a single Sphere SOP, attach that to a Ray and it’ll work. But this way I only get one sphere instead of the 6 I want.

I can take my transform data and attach it to a GEO container with a Sphere SOP inside and get the instancing to work, but I don’t have an out to connect to a Ray SOP.

Is there a way to get this to work? Hopefully I’m just overlooking a simple step.

Copy Sop maybe?

It’s can be similar to instancing on the geo, but stays in sop world.
However It’s heavier for the CPU.

I’m not getting an instancing result like I would with the Geo container, but it’s creating something kind of interesting.

I also could be overlooking how to do it, so I’ll keep banging away at it for a bit.

If I can’t figure out an instancing solution, maybe I can do something with this.

Thanks.

In case anyone looks back at this in the future, I decided to use the Limit SOP.
I can drive it with the CHOP data and then connect it with the Ray SOP and everything works fine.