How to control animation from fbx file?

Hello,
I have a simple animation with circles in FBX file,
When I import file to TD animated baked mesh starts to play immediately. In transform mode, there is an expression: “exportAnim:Disc:tx ty tz”, is there any way to pause animation from the beginning and trigger it when button-event?

Otherwise, it is just playing in the loop and has no control. Please help me to get control with this animations, how to do it properly? Maybe to export it as a separate file? Or add some other expression? it should hold still off the camera and get to the camera when it needed base on a trigger :exclamation:

If you go inside the FBX imported object and find the CHOP holding the animations you can take control. You could use a Timer CHOP or Trigger CHOP as the input index into Lookup CHOP and the other input into the Lookup CHOP being the CHOP with your imported animations.

If you upload an example file I can show you some quick ways of doing a basic trigger animation.

Hello,
I have very simply made “caterpillar” style animation:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8wy … llarA2.fbx

The idea is caterpillar going down from some tree leaf and going away, I have to decide how it’s going away, it’s very stylistic “2D” style interactive piece.

How to trigger it with control? I want to have 20 animations different ways and let person to click on 1 2 3 4 5 and so on to start the animation. What are the best options :question: :slight_smile: