Camera Path following surface

Hi there,

what is the best technique to generate a circular camera path following the z plane of an imported mesh? Patches, threads and tutorials are welcome!
I know how to generate a camera path starting from a circular path but I miss how to “subract” the circular path from an imported mesh to keep z plane elvation from the ground.

Thank you so much

Maybe Project SOP to conform your circle to the landscape, or Boolean SOP to find intersection of your landscape and a vertical Tube SOP.

The boolean should be the method to follow but when I try to subtract a mesh from a circle,
I receive red X error “object A is not closed”.
Any other solution?

I’ve tried with Project SOP, it seems to be the best way to do it;
the main problem is that Project SOP only works for me with NURBS as input.
I’ve tried using Convert SOP from mesh to Nurbs before the Project SOP but still
can’t achieve the same results as using a native NURBS.

Some attemtps attached,

Thank you all!
extractPath.4.toe (4.75 KB)

Hey vertexshinning,

Can you lock your input file SOP and upload again? I have an error when I look at your network as it’s missing the mesh file.

Hi raganmd,

I’ve uploaded a new .toe with file in SOP locked.

At the moment, if Convert SOP is connected, TD crashes with every mesh I load in .obj format (the format I want to use).

After that still can’t figure out how to have a proper circular path with elevation plane taken from the input mesh :frowning:

Thanks!
extractPath.4.toe (8.01 MB)

1 Like

I keep thinking about this one and haven’t found any good answers yet.

The closest thing that might be worth chasing is a ray SOP as a solution. Take a look and see if this gets you any closer.

extractPath.4_raySOP.toe (8.02 MB)

1 Like

Thank you matthew,
it was EXACTLY what I was trying to achieve!