[solved] PBR material not working with imported model

Hi,

I’m trying to use a PBR material .toe I’ve found on the forum with a imported model. There’s an issue with proper PBR rendering, my Render TOP is displaying this warning:

A MAT is Normal Mapping, but the SPO being used with it does not have tangent attributes. Tangent (T) attributes can be created with the Attribute Create SOP.

I’ve connected my model to Create Attribute SOP but it changes nothing. What am I missing here? Simple models like Sphere SOP are working fine with the PBR material.

I’m attaching my composition for the reference.
PBR Vertex Displacement + Imported Model.zip (4.12 MB)

1 Like

Your mesh doesn’t have any uvs.

If you add a texture SOP before your attribute create you should see better results.

3 Likes

Adding “Texture SOP” solved my issue. Thanks @raganmd!

woo hoo! Glad that did the trick!

Thankyou for your posting of this project work. Its 4+ years later, but the complete files that you included and the answer from the master @raganmd help me alot.
I am doing similar work with imported FBX models, and this UV attribute thing has been quite challenging.

I find on the forum that there are many people who experience this problem*. Your process (2017) is quite similar to mine and i find that the imported models are problematic to import into touch, whether they be FBX (especially animated rigged etc) as well as OBJs.

I suppose one question is in this pipeline of Nodes, ----------does one still need the ‘transform SOP’?

Included here a modified .toe of your original with the inserted ‘Texture SOP’

modified_displacement-pbr-arcball_v1_.1_modified.toe (25.2 KB)

re:
*“A MAT is Normal Mapping, but the SPO being used with it does not have tangent attributes. Tangent (T) attributes can be created with the Attribute Create SOP”

3 Likes