Audio automatically fades in

Hello derivate-community,
I am having some problem with audio. When I toggle the Audio-volume e.g. via a BUTTON I have some kind of automativ fade in when turning on. Is it possible to remove this?

My file is *.wav and in the audio device out I am using direct sound & my laptop loudspeakers in the settings.

no idea anybody?

Can you replicate the issue in a simplified network? These things are usually easier to help with if there’s a starting point. :slight_smile:

yes, here is a test-file. I can even see, that the audio is “slowly” (1/2 second) fading in the wavedorm of the audio device out chop.
audio-fade.toe (11 KB)

What’s your OS?

Testing this network on Windows 10, in Touch 099 (2017.10000) I don’t hear any fade in the volume - just a hard on / off for audio.

Are you connecting to an audio interface? Are you routing though another piece of hardware anywhere?

I am aswell on Windows 10, Touch 099. I am just using the loudspeaker of the laptop. I am using My settings in the audio-device out CHOP are direct sound & my laptop loudspeakers. The sound is kind of instantly comiing, but only at about half the volume and fades up to full volume. Its fast, about 1/2 a second, but for my project its important to have it on full volume instantly. Maybe ity something my Laptop does, I am trying to find a hint.

Can you see the Waveform fading in, or is it instantly there on your machine?

Instant for me, no fade up in gain.

I see the waveform change right away:
GIF2.gif

I see, it works perfectly on your system. Not on mine. Please have look at my video. Can there be some settings in quicktime, or does not effect anything?
TouchDesigner_ D__Isadora_TOUCH_test_audio-fade.toe_ 22.06.2017 00_27_58.mp4 (6.74 MB)

huh.

That is very strange.

You might try passing your audio file in through a math CHOP and then driving the multiply (called gain) with the button and see if you have similar results?

unfortunately it is the same. See my video. I also tried to changethe volume of the audio in the audio-in-CHOP, but no different behaviour.
TouchDesigner_ D__Isadora_TOUCH_test_audio-fade.toe_ 22.06.2017 11_58_18.mp4 (15.5 MB)

What’s your build?

The official release was yesterday - have you updated yet? Might be worth updating to the latest build and see if the issue persists. You could also check the last 088 and see if you have the same behavior there - I don’t remember this issue being in the release notes, but maybe it’s something that’s been fixed.

If the issue persists, I’d add a post to the bugs forum and link back to this thread.

ok, I will install the other versions and try that.
So you think it has nothing to do with my system e.g. Windwos itself or my onboard grafic-card. What I noticed: While enter into a a BASE or a CONTAINER something similar happens. The sound stops for that a moment and then appers again with the same fade-in effect.

If you have an on board graphics card that could certainly be a contributing factor here. Any chance you have another machine you can test on?

The best way to test this would be to set this up to test in perform mode, not in network.