A CHOP that reacts like a table

Hi everyone,

firstly: thanks for providing this software for non-commercial use! It is kind of hard to get your head around it in the beginning but seems to be very powerful and customisable.

I want to do a project with projection mapping. I have that all figured out with Kantan Mapper. I have a switch TOP which is basically connected to a MIDI In Map CHOP. A filter CHOP is driving the Index of the switch TOP via export. Whenever I hit the MIDI key a counter CHOP goes up one step. This is connected to the filter CHOP.
My problem is that I would like to control the filter CHOP’s Filter Width with the number on the counter CHOP. So it behaves a bit like a table. I’m thinking about something that converts let’s say a “1” into a “1,5”. So that on “cue” 1 I get a transition time of 1,5s.

It would be very cool if you would have an idea how to do that! I tried googleing it but I couldn’t find anything helpful.

Thanks in advance

I think the missing ingredient here might be to look at how you can export or reference values between operators. There’s a bit of a right up here:

matthewragan.com/2014/06/01/und … hdesigner/

and here

matthewragan.com/2014/06/27/und … hdesigner/

With this in mind, you could export the value of your count CHOP to the filter width of your filer CHOP.

You might also find these resources useful for getting a handle on Touch:

gitbook.com/book/nvoid/intr … er/details

matthewragan.com/teaching-resou … hdesigner/

cutmod.wixsite.com/portfolio/tutorials

Hey

the lookup CHOP comes to mind here. the first input to it is the lookup index and the second input a channel which you could describe as a table.
One important thing with the lookup CHOP is to understand the Index Range parameter which you have to specify to the range of the index value you are feeding in on the first input.

Attached is a little example.
Best
Markus
lookup.tox (1.69 KB)

Hey,
Sorry guys, I missed to tick the box to send me a notification when a reply is posted.

Thanks for answering so quickly! I will try that put tomorrow when I’m working on the project.

I tried the .tox you sent me. It worked perfectly! I was also thinking about the “dat to chop” but couldn’t figure out how. Thanks!