Endless translate

Hi,

I have a generative drawing composition and I want to translate it continuously in one direction. I am using a Transform TOP driven by a constant speed but I am not satisfied with the Tile Extend properties. What I want is to have an endless canvas, not repeated or mirrored.

Maybe not the right way to do it?

Thanks!

Maybe translate within a feedback loop, no tile mode. Sometimes that can achieve a nice infinite scrolling effect.

Yes I have a feedback loop, but a translate within the loop gives a blur effect. I want to translate the final canvas, after the feedback.

Hi Niraah,

if you just a apply a translate you should not see a blur effect, yet scaling or rotating the canvas will start stretching or squishing pixels resulting in the blurred picture.

For an endless canvas that is also always changing you will need to generate whatever will appear on the canvas and beside the feedback option which can be made to auto-generate your images you have the option to use SOPs and CHOPs to create generative content.

Do you have an example video that kind of shows what look you are after? It might be easier t point you in the right direction with some context.

Best
Markus

Hi Markus,

hope you can see the pics. Here is my feedback system:

When translating at -0.0005 pic is kind of fine, not very sharp but useful
When decreasing the speed to -0.0003 I have a massive blur

If I add the Transform after the Feedback sys doesn’t work because of the cropped canvas.