Need help!! About projection mapping detection

Hello, everyone

This is my thesis project.
I had made the plastic sculpture, The form is going to change. I want to project my footages in each form. ( You can see in the file)

I had tried Resolume Arena, Mad mapper, Max msp, and Quartz composer, but It’s not working.

For the kinetic part, I used stepper motor, Arduino, CNC shield and A4899 to control the motor.

I don’t know about software much.
How should I start?

From your image and description alone I can’t really make up what you are planning to do.
To get a meaningful answer you’ll need to explain in more detail what you are trying to so, and for what part of your installation you need TouchDesigner.

You talk about a changing form, and something about a kinetic part.
Are the different forms known and always the same? (for instance 5 different forms, and you only project when it is done moving and it has reached one of these 5 forms)
Or do you need video to be mapped on an continuously changing random form?

I need video to be mapped on continuously changing form to another form.
Form is changing 5 forms in 1 hr. In each form is different position.

imgur.com/a/cn3mB
(Here is my example form).

ok so it seems all 5 forms will be exactly the same each time, and next to the physical model you also have virtual 3d models of those forms.
In that case you can use CamSchnapper in TouchDesigner.

derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … mSchnapper

How can I detect the mask of mapping?
I want to detect the shape of sculpture form.

youtube.com/watch?v=lX6JcybgDFo&t=103s
(here is the example of detection of the object)

in the Bot & Dolly project you linked the shape is not ‘detected’ but is fully animated in Maya, and the Maya animation controls the robot arm (also using TouchDesigner)- so it’s the other way around.
See the making-of here, and this specific part I talk about starts at 2:30
youtube.com/watch?v=y4ajXJ3nj1Q

Do I understand correctly, that the shape is changing via the nylon strings being pulled and released with the motors?

In that case you need to

• use the point cloud output from the Kinect to gather the shape characteristics
  • reprojecting onto the shape will require you to calibrate the Kinect to the Projector

What is the content you are projecting onto the shape?

Cheers
Markus