Audio Mixer - Audio Device In

So I’ve tried to get multi-track signal to touch designer from audio mixer - behringer xenyx x1204 via usb, and all i’ve got is only one / stereo signal. I have asio and drivers to the mixer.

Does anybody got multi-track signal from audio mixer? Does it work with touch designer?

Thank you for your response :smiley:

I think your issue is the hardware you have selected.

The Behringer website lists this feature for the xenyx x1204 :

Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins and ultra-low latency driver downloadable at www.behringer.com

This means this mixer only exports a 2 channel stereo mix over USB.

You will need a higher end mixer to send more than 2 channels over USB

check a Tascam 20 x 20, Behringer air, studiolive AR

Even better than usb would be to get a LAN based system such as AVB, Dante, Madi etc… Check out Focusrite, Motu, and presonus studiolive series 3 (or AI with option card) to consider those options.

I’ve been researching audio mixer purchase options myself, and it would be great to hear what others are using, and how they are making out with recording multitrack audio, overdubbing, and mixing down a stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 mix in TD. What is everyone using? is anyone happily using multitrack usb or ethernet with touch??