DMX OUT with additional channel offset and recopy

Hi,

I need to map a series of TD chop channels to different ArtNET universes but with an additionnal DMX channel offset for each. Unfortunately the DMX Routing Table only allows me to specify Net, Subnet and Universe but not individual DMX channel offsets.

For instance say I have 6 channels named T0, T1, T2, T3, T4 and T5 which each contain 29 different values.

• Channel T0 values need to be output to universe 8 but starting at DMX channel 124 and ending at 153.
  • Channel T1 values need to be output to universe 6 but starting at DMX channel 7 and ending at 36.
    etc…

How would I go about offsetting samples within a channel?

Similarly what if I’d like to make multiple copies of a given sample within a channel and offset the following ones? For instance I’d like to copy the 29 values mentioned above 3 times each. So that value 0 is copied to 0,1 and 2, value 1 is copied to 3,4 and 5, value 2 to 6,7 and 8 etc. Giving 87 values instead of the original 29. I think shuffle might be part of the solution but so far I haven’t had any success…

Thanks!

So I was able to achieve my second goal of recopying or stretching DMX channel values over a wider range by using the RESAMPLE CHOP set to the New Rate, New Interval method and with Unit Values set to Relative to Start/End. I then adjusted the End value until I got the desired range coverage. Also, make sure Time Slice is off under the Common tab.

I still haven’t found how to offset samples by a given number though so if you have an idea for this I’d really appreciate!

Hi Tohox,

You can use the Shift CHOP to offset samples in one or multiple channels(universes) at the same time.
If you need different offsets for each channel(or universe) you can use the Scope parameter on the Common tab of the Shift CHOP. Just enter one or multiple channel names in that parameter, to make sure it only offsets those channels(universes).
Add a Shift CHOP after that for each channel(universe) you want to give a separate offset, each with its own scope.

If you want to make sure those new samples (which are the offset at the beginning of your channel) are zero, put an Extent CHOP in front of the first Shift CHOP, and set Left and Right to zero.

Also look into the recently added Splice CHOP for dna-style extracting/inserting of samples.

Hi,

Sounds great! Can’t wait to give it a try.

Thank you very much!

Hey tohox - did you ever figure this out? I’d be grateful to see where you ended up.

Maybe its still relevant. But I would like to share my initial approach to easy offset dmx fixtures in a universe.

The main idea is to setup a basic dmx universe with just 512 zeros.
A fixture could be a single dmx device represented as a constant) and its start channel (represented by the constats start channel).
Multi channel devices are represented by the e.g. pattern genererator and a shift node to set the start channel.

Finally the samples will be “merged” with a math add function.

Its important that the samples will have at it starts and ends a default value of 0, so that the “empty” channels of our universe will stay at zero.

TD_Dmx_Offsetting_Test.toe (3.6 KB)