FPS display?

Is there an easy way to get a display on screen of the FPS currently being achieved by the system?
Thanks,
Michael

You can get this value from the Perform CHOP. You can use this CHOP to drive a Text TOP to create a TOP that has the FPS in it.

I also like to use fraps (fraps.com/).

Thanks. I guess what I was hoping for was an easy way to have a fixed FPS overlay for debugging purposes over my borderless renders without having to actually build it into the render itself. By the way, is that even the correct way of doing a full screen render? Currently, I have to put my Render top in a container, make it the container’s background TOP and then make that a borderless display by right clicking it.
Thanks,
Michael

Fraps will give you that overlay. Be warned its values are wrong if you have more than one window redrawing though.

It’s super easy to add the overlay yourself though. Just put the Text TOP as the background to Container COMP, and put that COMP inside the Container COMP that is displaying your final image. Here’s a sample file. Took 20 seconds to make.
When you don’t want the overlay visible, you can set the Display parameter of the container to 0 and it’ll disappear.

Yes, using a container and opening it borderless is the correct way to do a full screen render.
If you are doing a 2 monitor setup (using horizontal span), another way is that you can put a TOP full screen on the right monitor using the Window Placement dialog (under Dialogs).
fpsoverlay.toe (2.49 KB)

Thanks. That helps a lot.

Oh also, Perform mode is another way to do it. Probably in the end this is what you want to do. It’s also under the Window Placement dialog.