Multiple projects in the same screen

Hello all,

I worked on different TD projects for an art installation.
At the end, I need to run them all at the same time, in the same screen.

But I also need to be able to place them at different X and Y positions and scale in order to match some illustrations on a wall.

I can’t find a tutorial about that (maybe I don’t use the right keywords).

Is there a tool for this kind of things ?

Thanks !

Flo :smiley:

Hi Flo -

Are you using multiple instances of touchdesigner or running all of these in the same project file?

If these are separate touch projects you can take a look at the perform window’s parameters to see where each window is placed.

If you’re running these all in the same touch project, you might consider using kantan mapper to arrange/map your textures into place:
motokantan (if you’re using 099) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9932&p=37679&hilit=kantan#p37679

kantan (if you’re using 088) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3070&hilit=kantan

Thanks !

I don’t know yet if I will run all in the same project or multiple instance of TD.

What would be the best practice ? (CPU / GPU related)

Thanks again Mr. Ragan !

Flo :slight_smile:

Hi,
Not sure if I understand you correctly, but if I do:
Put all your content in a single TD file. (splitting it up might be a good idea if you want to optimize it, but in general I would start with all of them in one file).

As matthew suggested, you can use Kantanmappeer to map your content. Also you could run multiple instance of the stoner comp (found in the palette) and composite them.

As matthew suggested, you can also use project files and multiple windows and arrange these.
However, this is both less convenient and less efficient.

ok, I’m using Kantan and I now have almost all my projects in one screen !

This is great, but now i have another problem that i have to solve : FPS !
I have 5 different projects, and 4 of them are using particles… so it slows everything down (around 18 fps).

Would you recommend something to optimize the project?
I will definitely try to reduce the particles birth amounts and things like that, but maybe you know another way to optimize things ?

I can see that not all my processors are used when I run the project… It could be interesting to specify which processor work for each project inside kantan…

I don’t understand what you are suggesting about the “stoner comp” ?

Thanks for your help !

Flo :slight_smile: