MIDI and python

Hi everybody!

I’m having trouble configuring my midi device, it is an APCkey25, I already mapped the device (with a lot of help from Matthew matthewragan.com/2017/01/23/wor … hdesigner/ ) the buttons of my keyboard are working as radio buttons however I haven’t been able to make them switch files. There are a lot of information about midi chop out but I got lost at this point. I made a chop to table from a math so it tells me which button is selected so i was wondering if it is possible to track a variable (since it is the same for all the channels) and somehow figure out the channel so that it could switch the corresponding file?

I barely understand python, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make get the buttons to switch the files without an extensive use of python? :smiley:

Here are some screenshots of what I got so far

Hi Gemaguillen,

I have no idea what you mean with ‘switching files’.
Can you post your current .toe file here and explain what your end-goal is what needs to happen?
(also keep in mind not everybody who is on this forum will have seen those tutorial movies you linked)

Hi! nettoyeur,

Thanks for your reply! :smiley:
I’m sorry my english is a little rusty but I will try to make sense.I will be videomapping this weekend and I’m having troubles changing the different animations using the buttons of my MIDI device.

In my file you will find a system of audio reactive particles which are connected to a Top_add, a top_composite and a top_out. The top_add is connected to a top_switch and to the files I would like to display in the top_out, basically the particles will be the constant and the animation files would be changing. So far I was able to make the animations switch using a slider_comp but now that I was able to map my midi device I would like to use the buttons to switch between the animations. What would you recommend?

Edit. I just realized I haven’t checked the MIDI Out Chop documentation,
I will read it and will let you know :slight_smile:
MIDIpython.4.toe (13.6 KB)

I just had the same question :smiley: i found this way…
If you have many buttons Connect all in a MergeChop or SelectChop. Then to a Logic Chop, set to “radioButton”. Then to a FanChop and set “Fan In”

Greetings from Bremen
MIDIpython.4-1.1.toe (11 KB)