BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

output

Still a little green? Ask your beginner's questions here

output

Postby lobita » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:10 am

Hello everyone, I am just beginning to discover TouchDesigner and my question concerns the output of the data; I mean, which would be the best way to transfer TouchDesigner data to one or several beamers in order to project the images? Could a mapping software like Millumin2 interact with TouchDesigner? I thank everybody in advance for your replies and help. Cheers!
lobita

Re: output

Postby nettoyeur » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am

Hi Lobita,

welcome to the forum.

You connect your projectors directly to the outputs of the graphic card on your TD computer.
In TD your create a single fullscreen window which is just as big as the resolution of all your outputs combined.

So example: if you have a graphics card with 3 outputs of 1920x1080, and your monitor is connected to output1, and two projectors to output2 and output3, your create a TD window which has a resolution of 5760x1080.
Then you need to make sure your new project's userinterface with all sliders&buttons are laid out in the most-left part (1920x1080) so they show only on the monitor, and you make sure your visual output only shows on the most-right part (3840x1080) so it shows only on your two projectors.

Here's a tutorial which helps you build a basic setup with one user-interface monitor and one projector: https://matthewragan.com/2015/04/10/thp ... hdesigner/

I'm not familiar with Millumin2, but it seems they support OSC so you can use that to communicate with TouchDesigner. But if it is mapping & softedge blending you need - you can do that in TouchDesigner itself.

Good luck and have fun!
Idzard Kwadijk | freelance TouchDesigner consultant | LinkedIn
nettoyeur

Re: output

Postby lobita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:39 am

thank you Nettoyeur for your prompt reply, I am going to view the tutorial!
Yes it is true Millumin supports OSC ;-)
See you soon on the forum
Lobita
lobita

Return to Beginners