Map Browser with mouse, Like Google maps

Hello,
Looking for some help in a method to TX TY Tz a 16k texture with a mouse. Similar to how you explore a map with google maps-minus the auto scaling. Use the Mouse Wheel to zoom in and out, and click and drag to navigate.

I use a geo that I texture then use camera and light to navigate…I am stuck on the mouse. I can use the mouse chop and get the input ch, I use Chop exe to select and send uv updates to the camera…but as i zoom it breaks…any ideas how to scale the zoom to correlate with the new uv from the panel chop once zoomed? The mouse wheel values don’'t reset themselves so that is also a challenge any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you tried using an orthographic camera and using the mouse to adjust the FOV?

If the art is flat, this might be a fine approach.

Image is flat, Thanks I will give it a try.

yes the orthographic/FOV approach is the right one, I built a Google maps style interface in the past in TD.
Don’t forget to add some Lag CHOPS between mouse movement and camera FOV / position for that smooth feeling!

There’s a multi-touch component in the palette that you may be able to take some tricks from as well

+1 on using an orthographic camera and adjusting size/fov to zoom.

In addition to the ‘multiTouch’ component in the palette definitely take a look at this example as it has another nice method for navigating large textures…

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8592