Projector Blending

Gurus out there,
I am absolutely at a loss on how to use the projector blend component from the palette.
Would somebody be kind enough to tell me how it works?
I sent in a top that is 2972 by 1000 pixels to be blended across 2 projectors but i just can’t seem to see the output of the 2 projector image lined up?
Projector resolution at 1920 X 1080.
Perhaps i am not understanding the overlap properly…
Much appreciated guys!

Realised Elburz update on his book has a section on edge blending.
Gonna read that first…

Hmm, I actually can’t remember if I go over the projectorBlend component…I really don’t remember :laughing:

BUT I tried to go over the basic concept which should help for sure. If I remember the component off the top of my head, you probably want to send a full resolution image to it (full resolution of all your outputs), which I think is one of the approaches I talk about in the tutorial, because the component will do the splitting and centre doubling for you. I could be wrong as I don’t remember off the top of my head what the projectorBlend takes as input. Feel free to post question though.

Hi Elburz,
Your edge blending explanation is superbly laid out.
Understood it 1st time l read it.
You used your own blend component which is different from the palette.
I was trying to blend a 5 by 3 array which is why l tried the comp from the palette.
Not much luck still.
Problem is every time l set the overlap, the respective projector image moves apart from it’s neighbor image.
l have problem using the palette comp to blend even 2 projectors.
Not getting it.
Still trying…
Your TD book has been a tremendous help Elburz. Thanks!

Hi Elburz or anyone else reading this post,
Perhaps point me to what l’m doing wrong here.
I just can’t get the 2 projector images to line up in the blend comp (the numbers should be running in order as per source).
Bypassing fit1 simply allows no loss to source picture content.
Much appreciated for any pointers. Thanks!

Perhaps l mistook the function of the projectorBlender comp.
I still need to send the output to crop tops then to container for final alignment :slight_smile:

If you monitor representation in Windows screen resolution minics you real world setup, and you are using the single window comp technique as your miltu-output… no need to crop. Other Words of you have 2 outputs (3840X1080) with 600 pixels of overlap, your image resolution should is 3240. Send the 3240 post projection blend component to a Window Comp/Performance Comp and let Windows/Graphics Hardware do the cropping.

I’d do it like this:
NewProject.toe (12.8 KB)

Thanks guys for the advice.
I did this over the weekend and l now understand.
With just one window containing all 15 blended outputs.
Use the graphic card to split to 15 projectors without need to crop.
Did l get this correct…?

Looks good!! Let us know if you run into any issues once you’re there installing it. Good luck!

I am from China.
I use two projectors for a edge blend, but the mixed part always has a light band, either bright or dark, hich can never be eliminated. Would you like to ask me what hardware support is needed for TD edge fusion, or if there is any example for reference? Thank you very much. This is machine translation. If there is any mistake, please forgive me