Stalker: TouchDesigner monitoring app

Not a tox, but we made an c++ App that monitors your TouchDesigner project and keeps it alive, logs any instabilities, keeps track of system/process resource usage, sends you emails if something goes wrong, and a bunch of other useful features to help you sleep at night. Hopefully it brings a bit more stability to our experimental field.

It’s free to grab from the link below:
stalker.nvoid.com

Awesome, thanks Elburz! Your contributions to the community are awe-inspiring - thank you!

Bruce

wooha - very generous of you, gracias!

Awesome, thank you :smiley:

Thanks! This is very cool! Is there a minimum build for compatibility? Earlier today I was trying to get it working at an old installation running TD 008 in 31xxx build range… no joy. Unfortunately I forgot to write down the exact build or error code due to distractions while finding a rushed workaround. I’ll try to get exact info soon.

I will probably retrofit the project to work with a more current build, but I’m wondering if that should even be a problem. There were no errors in the Stalker tox that I pasted into project. I repeatedly checked the file path and used \ notation…

Hmm, let me see if I can install the 31xxx builds and give it a test.

I gave it a try in 32 bit build 31900 and it seemed to work ok. Do you want to PM me your json with passwords blanked out or similar?

:blush: Everyone be sure to instal the C++ Redistributable dependencies so you don’t seem foolish like me. It works fine now.
microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=48145

The installation should also be in the folder already for your convenience so you shouldn’t need to download it.

haha, wow, so I’m double foolish on this one… :laughing:

This is quite a share! So cool to see this here. Thanks Elburz!

Quick question - It runs great on my desktop, but for some reason when I set it up the same way on a mini-pc (same OS, same .toe file, just different hardware and a different .toe file path), stalker.exe will run without errors, but won’t open the stalker window or the .toe file. It isn’t making any logs either, so no info to check on what’s going on. Have you ever noticed this kind of inactivity happening before? I feel like it’s just something dumb I’m forgetting, but figured I’d ask since I’m stuck.

Thanks again! So amazing of you to share with everyone!
Beau

Hmm, you’ve made sure the install VC++ on the smaller machine? Can you give me more details on it? OS, hardware, etc.

Also do you have TouchDesigner 088 or 099, I think I might have to update it shortly to support 099 as I’m doing the process search in Windows api via name.

Yep! Installed VC++ successfully, thanks for including the installer. The mini PC is a Zotac Steam Machine running Windows 10 (latest build), and Touch 088 build 61700.

The only big difference I can think of is that the mini PC wasn’t connected to the internet when I tried running stalker.exe, but my desktop was. I figured it would still run, I’d just lose email alert functionality, but maybe I’m wrong?

Thanks! You’re response time is legendary, per usual.

Ya, definitely strange. I believe the same would happen without internet, that you would just lose email. Can you DM me the json file you’re using as settings just to make sure nothing strange in there?

Ok, just sent! Thanks a ton!

We’ve moved everything over to GitHub and hopefully later this week or early next week we’ll put up the source code for people to build their own versions.

github.com/nVoid/Stalker