UQaMixer

Here is a generative component mixer that was built from scratch for the MUTEK Montreal 2016 main room visuals. It ran on 2 servers and it drove 6 HD projectors in total, projecting onto 68 slightly-irregular white panels.

Download UQaMixer and view documentation here:

derivative.ca/wiki088/index … e=UQaMixer

The 24 generative components were made by students of the Université du Québec à Montréal plus a few others taking the MUTEK workshop. The workshop divided the group into two halves, the other half building a non-interactive projection of 10 generative components on hanging plexiglass pieces (not included in the files here).

After MUTEK I extended the main-room mixer and am posting it now as UQaMixer. I simplified it to 2 outs per computer. I removed site-specific parts and mapping, and standardized and cleaned things more.

You can just play around with this mixer and its effects. One component just plays movies so you can populate that. And you can strip some out and add your own.

As with any software that evolves, this represents the way some of us generally build applications today - more custom parameters etc etc.

I may move this to github, but for now the doc and files are in the wiki.