cook_bar - cook times visualized

[url]https://github.com/heestand/cook_bar[/url]
enjoy,
/Anton
cook_bar.tox (6.08 KB)

This is very useful and works like a charm. THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

You’re blowing my mind! Deep surgery!

This is great, Anton!

Works great (found a major time saver in first thing I tried it with).

I have noticed that if you turn on the display of any TOP/CHOP so it is in the backdrop (ie using display flag) then you get 2 images being displayed, the extra one being the cook time overlay.

Nice design and implementation … This should be built in :sunglasses:

Line 62 in text_cook_bar_frag is great.

Hey all!

Recently I hacked in a glsl addition to this wonderful TOX that draws a circle and colors it based on number of cooks per frame, per node.

White = no cooks
Green = 1 cooks per frame (usually desired)
Yellow = 2 cooks per frame
Orange = 3 cooks per frame
Red = 4 cooks per frame
Brown = >4 cooks per frame

This works by comparing totalCooks from this frame, to that of last frame. Beware, the results will glitch as you move and zoom around the network but as soon as you stop moving in the network the results will be accurate.

If anyone has thoughts on how to remove the glitches (due to brute force - delay by 1 approach) would love to hear it!

I’m hoping this will be useful to others, however I haven’t seen too many report optimization issues/bugs with entire chains of nodes cooking more than once per frame. Ordinarily it’s very hard to visualize, let alone track down!

Maybe this is because I’m doing things in the wrong way?(this happens more often than you’d think, for me) Or maybe this might shed some light on a bug?

Sometimes the animated node lines move more quickly than others and this was my first clue but this isn’t always accurate either.

Anyways, just posting my modified version of the tox here!
cook_bar_Plus_cooksPerFrame.tox (7.78 KB)

1 Like

Great contribution ! thanks!

An invaluable tool, yet improved!
Thanks to Anton and lucasm for this great contribution to TD.

Just found this and have been using it for the last 2 weeks. It’s now become a central tool to my workflow and has provided me with a much fuller understanding of optimization while I’m working. Thank you both so much!!