Game style mouse camera

I thought it would be helpful to post this component as a standalone mouse controller for the camera in Touch. It was originally designed for a 3d mouse or joystick control but is now only for normal 2d mouse keyboard control by default (the joystick operation is still there just inactive).

The difference between this tool and just directly exporting a camera is that the transformations are accumulated in the parent component. This allows for the forward/up/side axis to always be relative to the view not to world space. So forward is always forward no matter what direction you are viewing not translate z.

WSADQE for translation (forward,back, left, right, up, down), left click the viewer for RX,RY (to the right of center rotates right etc…) and middle/right click for roll left right. The mouse must be above the view window to be active. One caveat seems that “S” key is stuck on when the project is loaded. Just press “S” to deactivate it. (I’m not sure why this is happening because is happening directly within the keyboardin CHOP and only happens in this project)

You can also use the UI sliders to transform the camera when the “ControllerCross” is set to one. When you drag the ControllerCross back to 0 the camera will be 3dx/mouse controllable again starting from that position/orientation. The slider is called cross but it is more of a switch there is no in between usage really. Although this can be set up differently and does cross smoothly.

The UI also has :

-“CameraSmooth” for smoothing the control
-sensitivity controls for the mouse control

All sliders have fine, finer, finest control by ctrl, alt, ctrl-alt left clicking and dragging the slider.

To use this comp in other projects use the Viewer container to view your render in your UI. Also point your render TOP to “/mouseCamera/Camera_UI/3dx_Control/cam1” If I have time in the future I’ll make it so these can be set dynamically.

cheers
Keith
MouseCamera.toe (58.5 KB)

Ah Ben I didn’t see you posted a similar patch nearly at the same time! Someone was asking about it on FB so I thought I would share.

That’s cool, funny how we got to it at the same time. The one I posted was designed around a game controller, never tried it with a mouse.

Hi Keith!
Thanx for another amazing camera and all the input!

Have a question regarding this cam:
I want to switch cameras according to location, like with “if” condition:
“If location is > 100, change camera to…”
And also move the camera same time or make a new camera according to location and then change to it:
“If location is > 90, make new camero on (other) location”

OR

Just move camera location in space if it will reach some location, with expression?

I’m trying to find the way how to make endlessly repeated landscape like in Nokia Snake 3D.
youtube.com/watch?v=zZnYGimSIlU

Thank you in advance!
Andrey