some basic UI fun!

Hey there!

Been meaning to post this and see if anyone enjoys or wants to share any mods or thoughts.

I’ve been on a CacheTOP kick for UI elements (like the perform displays I posted). This takes that concept to a couple interactive UI objects.

You’ll find a few things:

• a UI Library (for now referenced by a tscript variable $UILIB) that includes the cache creation networks.

• a horizontal slider with an editable value display (also using caches to avoid the costly TextTOP) You may need to double click in the value display once you’ve clicked once to be able to edit, though you should be able to just click and type a number and hit enter.

• a nifty ableton-esque knob with a NON editable value display ( didn’t have time to sort out how/what to write to when editing the value since the knob’s output value is not directly associated with a panel value) This functions by dragging up or down to inc/dec the value. Utilizes the “cumulative transform” technique by Jarrett posted a while ago.

You won’t find (yet):

• “TUIK” like edit-ability of labels, sizes, channels, ranges, etc

I’ve been using this technique to good success and in varying forms of advancement but wanted to share it at its most basic level with the hopes of folks finding it useful and perhaps adding or enhancing. It stems from my obsession with reducing UI cooking.

Hope you like it!

Cheers
P
cacheUi.tox (18.8 KB)

Awesome! These work great.

Really cool idea!