Generative Design

we just added another chapter (M.3 Formulated Bodies) to the Generative Design Conversion Page

derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … ive_Design

3 chapters remaining… :smiley:

cheers
Markus

2 Likes

incredibly awesome! Played around with these in Processing, but now with them in TD there’s a lot more fun possibilities! Thanks!!!

Hi Guys,

This has helped me tremendously! It helped me start on Touch in a fantastic manner!
Such a bright idea to do these samples in Touch! Priam

This is cool! I jury-rigged it, but not quite sure how the examples are intended to be displayed. Was I supposed to paste them into another container?

Oh, just turn on the comp viewers… I think I get it :slight_smile:

Hey, are the remaining chapters still to come? :stuck_out_tongue:
I am totally intrigued with the force directed layout, is this possible with Touch?

+1

also, maybe this: https://www.derivative.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4923

I’m trying to get back into touch and downloaded these examples and can’t figure out how to make them display. What does it mean to enable the comp viewers? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click the circle-shaped button at the top left of an operator.

Do you mean in the container node? If I click the circle in the top left, it shows a preview of what the code inside is generating. But it seems like it is the just the initialization with no user input. If I click the + in the bottom right it shows a preview and allows user input through the mouse and keyboard (as long as the mouse is hovering above the container node).

I should do some more reading on each of those buttons.

Now, my question is how do I make the output of one of the containers the default output if i run in performance mode?

Drag one of the COMPs onto the /perform Window COMP, and select “parm: Operator”

Hah! Awesome, thanks :slight_smile: