Rouge Platform

Thanks for reply and great to read it! Looking forward to play more with this such a great tool (meanwhile Build 10780 works fine with Rouge).

By the way in my opinion Rouge is very useful and amazing made, and the more i explore it the more i learn for Touch. Glad to have it!

The new 088 release is up here:
[url]http://www.maryfranck.net/rouge/[/url]

It has some new features, including presets for compositions, LFOs, more MIDI control templates, plus new filters and compositions.

Hmmmmm… somewhere down the line I’ve seem to come across a bug of some sort.

I first noticed a few days ago that the top half of my movie bins was inaccessable - meaning I can not get the scroll bar higher than half way. This is driving me nuts. I created a new bin - same thing.

I tried older versions of the project - same thing. I downloaded a new copy of rouge and tried it - same thing. Can’t get the scroll bar to go up more than half way. What’s going on here?

It hasn’t always done this, but yet it seems to be related to my systems since even a new fresh rouge project produced the same results.

help please? :slight_smile:

Still having the same issues… I guess nobody has seen or heard of this before… idk…

See Below

I think I found a bug and I’m not sure how to fix it.

Summary: I need to control the alpha of the realtime component with my midi slider. Can someone tell me what name my channel needs to be to accomplish this?

alpha (controls the main alpha), alpha1 (controls the moviebin first video alpha, not the realtime alpha like it should), alpha2 (follows suit; controls the second video of the moviebin component), alpha3 (same thing; movidebin video 3), alpha4 (did nothing)…

In the controller mapping, I noticed that when I set my 4 sliders to rename to channels ‘alpha1, alpha2, alph3, and alpha4’ alpha1 always controls alpha2 of the Movie Bin.

And then alpha2 controls alph3 of the Movie Bin, and so on.

In my attempt to understand why, I noticed that the MovieBin sliders are first named alpha1, and then renamed to alpha2.

For example, in /Video/VJ/MovieBin/layers/layer1/>> add3 and limit1 channels are first named alpha1, and then renamed to alpha2. But yet, the midi channel I have renamed to ‘alpha1’ is controlling this instance…

So I go into /Video/VJ/Realtime/>> and see that it’s add3 and limit1 channels are called ‘alpha0’ before being renamed to ‘alpha1’.

To follow suit based on the response I recieved earlier, I tried renaming my midi channel to ‘alpha0’ but it didn’t seem to do anything.

So… right now I’m not sure what’s going on. I need to control the alpha of the realtime component with my midi slider. Can someone tell me what name my channel needs to be to accomplish this?

alpha (controls the main alpha), alpha1 (controls the moviebin first video alpha, not the realtime alpha like it should), alpha2 (follows suit; controls the second video of the moviebin component), alpha3 (same thing; movidebin video 3), alpha4 (did nothing)…

What version are you using? In Rouge088V1.1.0 I am seeing alpha1 controlling the realtime component as expected. Refer to /Video/chanmix1 to see exactly how it is mapped in your setup.

Also, the facebook group seems to get more traffic and eyeballs. You may be more likely to get quicker responses to your questions there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/touchdesignerhelp/

Side note: Probably best to try to focus eyes and traffic here if possible. Once something is posted on Facebook I’m not sure if it can be looked up by other users that have the issue, everything just becomes slave to the timeline. I’ve also seen some double posts across the facebook and the forum, which only seems to split the community and seems counter-productive. Just my 2 cents.

So, I’ve reformatted and reinstalled drivers which seems to have fixed alot of the problems I was having. I’m now able to run tox’s I was not previously…

But… now when I run Rouge it says my GPU memory is pegged out at lik e98% (red bar at the bottom left) and I only get around 18 fps just sitting there idle. If I open up the scope I average like 9fps…

This can’t be right as I’ve got the 4GB AMD 8970M… And before I reformatted and reinstalled drivers I was pulling 30+ FPS all the time. So I feel like it’s my driver… but this is the driver that came with the laptop.

Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas? Could it be because I’m running 32bit TouchDesigner on 64bit operating system? I doubt it but what do I know.

Hi!

I’m working on a new function for rouge, but i stucked at programming part. I don’t know any program language, but im so enthusiastic so, I thought if i make it the same as the compositions and change the name of the locations in the programming part it could be work. But it doesen’t. I think the problem located at the final command in the droplist operator.
The main conception is to make holes between the layers and change the holes type in real time.
Is there any solution for the selecting part? I enclose the project file.
dropbox.com/s/0rfnv5l7v63fktc/Rouge.zip

Losix

All drivers from laptop manufacturers are always old and out of date. Problem with AMD is that the AMD.com site will not give you updated drivers, they recommend you go to the laptop manufacturer’s site.

I’d recommend going to guru3d.com and getting the newest drivers for your AMD there. There are details in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5800&hilit=guru3d#p21664

hi
were i can change or create MATH chop ?
because we need another range for slider A
in ROUGE range on sliders 0-1 but we need different range for every sliders
how we can get it?
thanks )

Please somebody help me :cry:
I really appreciate any help

I am just starting to work with rouge… it’s amazing! But having an issue that I suspect are actually TD (using 20840) issues. Generally, the issues revolve around scroll bars, perhaps the same as what is mentioned earlier in this thread.
Example 1: The bin scrollbar only moves up about 1/3 of the way.
Example 2: The composition menu dropdown closes as soon as I click the scroll bar.

My suspicion is that these are TUIK issues, but I’d like to confirm whether this is true.

Update… just confirmed that this is indeed a problem with my upgrading TD. When I create a new dropdown from TUIK I can make the composition work… so I strongly suspect changes to the TUIK library. Defaults maybe?

I am willing to do my part for the glory of Rouge and replace everything, but I am new to it so I’m hoping that someone more knowledgeable with it will agree to test my changes… and I guess I also want to verify that no one else is already on this task…

Anyone else having a problem with build 23540 and Rouge? I had - Rouge is acting really slow… Downgrade to 13370 and it’s working like it should… Really strange.

Yes, changes in TD have definitely caused some problems in Rouge. I tried to update it myself, but had trouble understanding enough of what was going on since I only just discovered it.

On my machine it runs with 3-4 fps when i just open it in the last build, but i still didn’t had time to check it deeper… Yes, the network is complex enough, but in my opinion Rouge is the best vj so far. So I guess it’s time for an other version from Mary : )) …or just to repost this one version, but working in the last build, will be great! Btw is it possible to have two builds installed on one machine? Switch-builds?

*EDIT: This post gives some explanation to someone running in the same problems: derivative.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1426

I’m using the last release Rouge088V1.1.0 where I discovered that the 3 presets for composition are not working.

In fact, when I click to any of the 3 presets, on any of the proposed composition, I got an error in the TextPort window : “Preset Invalid”

I found that the error is produced in Rouge88V1.1.0 by /Video/Control/chopexec2 but I was not able to fix it…

Hi, I’m trying to connect Rouge to the new Kantan Mapper in 099, but I’m having a hard time because of my limited knowledge in TD. I hope you could help me out. This is much appreciated.