Layout COMP

Hello,

I share here a custom “layout component”, which is a SOP-driven layout component. It uses SOP points for creating the layout of operators into the network editor. It works with any operator, but is surely more useful with replicators. Also, it is totally hackable, so you can enhance it according to your needs.

Touch 088 is needed as it uses a mix of tscript and python api calls.

The component is done visually, with operators and some expressions but it could as well be scripted otherwise.

Here an example screenshot with a font SOP as input of the component.

In the zip, the layout COMP, and a toe example file with replicators.
Layout_COMP.zip (49.2 KB)

Wonderful! So much good stuff to look at this morning, gotta tear myself away for breakfast!

r.

Thanks Rodberry.

This little utility is very useful if one wants to check conditions against replicas.

For example, one may want to delete all replicas satisfying or not satisfying certain conditions after having been created, with a replica script parameter.

Once some replicas have been deleted, the replica layout is then broken, so one can relayout replicas with this layout COMP afterwards.

The fun thing is that layouts can be animated too.

Notice: in the example toe, rename the opexec1 to something not beginning by “op” otherwise it will be included into the layout ouput in “follow OP” mode. And if layout is broken after reconnecting nodes, recreating replicas will clean up the layout again.

Great idea. I can see this being really useful. I’ve found that just the standard layouts for replicators are not the best in some case so this looks like it could help with that.

thanks for sharing
cheers
Keith

This looks awesome! Unfortunately, I can get it to work. Perhaps an updated TD has changed some aspect of its function?

Is this COMP still working for you?
Have any tips for updating it to get it working again with TD 088?

Thanks.

Brain.