088: Resonate 2013 workshop example file

Hi,

I just used my webspace for it. Not sure if you can use dropbox for it as well?

cheers
Markus

Has anyone successfully used the tox provided here?

When I attempt to map the realworld object using the camschnapper it doesn’t seem to make a difference. The same perspective/position is displayed (linked to cam1). I’m not sure I understand how camschnapper is to be used in this instance. I’m using F1, changing monitor/display to 1 (my projector) and then selecting the points and putting them in their realworld place. Even after 6 points nothing changes (I know with mapamok it would adjust after 6 points).

I tried the camschnapper tox and it worked fine - meaning the animation would update the perspective/position as I moved points. Which leads me to believe maybe this tox is broken?

So… after making some progress I’m realizing that when I align my projector with the camschnapper component, the wireframe is upside down?!? and maybe inside out?

Any explanation for this?

When I right click and ‘view camschnapper’ and then I set my 6 - 8 points, and slide 'wireframe: over to the right I can see the wireframe is on the ceiling - upside down from where my object is…

Anyone else having the same experience? I’m trying to figure out where/how this is happening - I think it’s within’ the camschnapper component - but I haven’t figured out where…

Any help is always appreciated.
Thanks.

Do you have a example file I can have a look at?

thx
Markus

See attached.
BCResonate2013.1.1.toe (551 KB)

Any ideas?

Can anyone confirm I’m the only one experiencing this? Or is it the patch?

I have learned a TON from this file…

one thing I cant get working tho is echonest… I have the API key… I enter it… but for some reason my audio in chop still gives me this error…

any thoughts on whats wrong in the network?

I was able to fix it by downloading the mp3 from the url and changing the url to a local file location.

Not sure if it’s the same problem, but I just had to tell windows firewall to let Python use the network.

Bruce

Anyone still having this issue. I have followed instructions got an Echonest API key ,allowed TD and python.exe acess in windows firewall.

I still have an error message as photo attached.

I can see the mpga file in my temp files but TD cant seem to see.

Any ideas anyone

Many thanks

Just download the mp3 and point towards that directory.

hi touch-community
glad that i found that awsome software! coming with 20 years experience in 3d animation in film and commercial, the experience i have with touch is just great!
now to one of the many questions that will come in the next weeks (cause i will take 2-3 months fulltime to get fully into touch).
now i stuck with the resonate-project, having the same issues like the posters before me.
linking just a local file like a mp3 let the scene run, but i can not find a way to fetch and so recive infos from echonest. i tried in all ways but no success til now… when checking out the tables with the song-infos and animations are allways the same, filled with the data from “resonate4.toe” best to see, when linking an empty audio-file and the bars are still flipping up and down…
as i understand, it should take a while after pressed teh “fetch”-butteon, and then you should get the data back which will be filled in the TAD-tabels… right?
tried on 2 different machines, all with internet support, open firewall etc…
any help is very welocme
hope my english is good enough to let me be understood… :slight_smile:
best from zurich
luca

Hi there,

finally went back to the file and uncovered some problems.
One is that the Audio File In CHOP currently seems to have a bug where it won’t play files that are located on the web. Secondly there have been some changes since last year to how parameter buttons are triggered. Previously you could trigger a parameter button by saying

op('myop').par.button.click()

now you will have to say:

op('myop').par.button.pulse()

I fixed that in the scripts fetching the results from echonest so that part should work again.

About playback of files that are on the web: I replaced for now the Audio File In CHOP with a AudioStream CHOP uncovering yet another problem: It’s missing a Reset button… so this will hopefully come soon.
In general though, with how it is currently build, You will have to specify a file on the web to upload to echonest as I couldn’t get our Web DAT to upload a local file to their server.

Attached is the fixed Version. Hope it helps
Markus
resonate.6.toe (564 KB)

wow, that was fast!
thank you very much!
gonna test it right now…
will be back… :wink:

so, testing and pretty happy with the results!
but yes, without a reset-button…
my workaround right now is:
-upload an mp3 to my server
-fetching with echonest
-replace to audiostream with an audiofilein and reconect
-reset the fraction-time trough the reset cue-point of the audiofilein.

gues for now im happy… aaahhhh no… :wink:
why is the no peak or whatsever in the timbre-row? the DAT fil is full of data waiting to be used…?!
anyway, many thanks
luca

Nice catch. I literally didn’t parse the timbre table.

In /resonate/echonest/animation1 is a script DAT which converts the data tables to keyframes. If you have a look in the last file I posted I completely skip timbre. In the now attached file it’s taken care of.

cheers
Markus
resonate.7.toe (538 KB)

Hi! When I enter my API code and the URL to the song I want the Echonest component to process, I click “fetch” and I’m getting an error message that doesn’t seem to be covered in previous posts:

Any thoughts?

Thank you!!!
Resonate Toe Error.png

Hey,

can you check in /resonate/echonest/webUpload what echonest returns to you?

Markus

Im working in a Spotify API replacement for the echonest component. Since echonest was bought by spotify and now is integrated inside the spotify api.