088: Map an object with CamSchnappr

New CamSchnappr with some changes:

• saved out with TouchDesigner088 Official build 25220
  • removed script errors by adding in checks that prevent it from trying to solve if not all datasources have all necessary data.
  • Added “Deselect All” button to quickly deselect all points
  • When removing all points, the last one now is deleted reliably from the second screen

Let me know of any other issues.

Cheers
Markus
CamSchnappr.zip (283 KB)

Awesome! Thanks Markus! :smiley:

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your help!
Here is our Touchdesigner’s file without CamSchnappr (we try different way to solve our problem). As you on pictures, we still have lence distortion on our pyramid. We try to use CamShnappr, Fov parameter and model geometry, we also look to the video projector’s parameters.

Any idea?

Best,
Julien

pyramide_v2.7.toe (15.2 KB)

This is a quote from Keith on the TouchDesigner help group about how to fix various things with CamSchnappr

Hi Julien,

really depends on what you are trying to do. But in general the image will always be distorted but from one sweet spot which you set as the point from which the viewer will see the pyramid.

What CamSchnappr does is calculate/estimate the position of the projector. It will be up to you to correctly texture the object. Might that be the issue here?
Can you describe what you would expect from the projection mapping of your pyramid?

cheers
Markus

Hi guys, I have a problem using CS. If I want to rotate my model
In the middle of the process, every point that I’ve already alligned
Loses it’s position and I have to start over. The only workaround I’ve found so far
Is to not rotate viewport at all. So I’m able to select only
Points that are visible in initial model viewpoint.

Do any of you have this problem?

Are you definitely using the secondary output? It sounds like you’ve put the main monitors output to the projector when you should actually be sending out secondscreen

Yeah, I’m using second screen in output

It is a problem with the renderpick being related to the replicator that makes the second screen buttons. I have a version that solves this problem but I won’t be able to upload it until later next week when I have a bit of time to make it standalone.

cheers
Keith

Is there a new update right now to solve these problem?

Hey,

I uploaded a fixed version to here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4225&p=15222#p15222

cheers
Markus

Thnx :wink:

I will try the update tomorrow.

It works great :wink:

Is there a way to use CamSchnappr in a window, instead of a second monitor? I’m trying to output a 1024x1024 window from Touch to a 1920x1080 projector, and have CamSchnappr working as it otherwise does inside that window.

I can’t get the viewport to tumble in v50180 (using the CamSchnappr version in the palette.

Is it left-click and drag in mainWindow?

EDIT - got this working but two issues:

• doco says left-click - control-click and drag works
  • camSchnappr op viewer doesn’t display - par Common/opviewer seems hardcoded to /project1/Tools/camSchnappr/camSchnappr but you can change it

Hi Michela,

for now please refer to the documentation on the Discussion page:
derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … amSchnappr

The hardcoded Operator Viewer will be fixed in the next build.

Cheers
Markus

Hi Markus,

i am trying to map an architectural model with camSchnappr
and i get it calibrated very well and can see it in the CamSchnappr Output Window.
The camSchnappr Cam has a TOP out which shows a white mask of the building.(in the calibrated perspective.)

I think you use camSchnapper as a camera after closing the edit windows,
and the TOP out is the blending mask for multiple projectors?

But when i try to render the camera (camSchnappr) i get a totally different view (from above). Same happens when I copy the settings of the camSchnapper cam to another cam.

The scripts inside the GLSL Material have errors… might that be the reason?

Liebe Grüße
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

is it possible to share the file? You can email me a dropbox link…
The error could only happen if the DAT has been selected and rclick>run as it’s trying to interpret it as a python script.

Cheers
Markus

Hi Snaut,
Good morning.
I’m learning the camSchnappr from the viki page you have sent :
derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … amSchnappr

May I ask u some question:

• when I finish the workflow from the viki page and the camera calues are save in the 2 table DATS,Could u please tell me what would I do to finish the mapping on the next step ?
  • how to blend serval projector using the camSchnappr?

the network in the TD is below:

Hi Markus,

yes, someone might have clicked that DATs in their desparation ; ) …

So the errors are gone after a new start of the scene.
However the problem with the camera (does not show what the output window showed, cam looks totally elsewhere) persists…

EDIT
The problems must be related to the model, which still has way too many faces. I already tried to optimize, but obviously it is still too much. We tried camSchnappr with several (lower Poly) models of students and it worked as expected, so i think is not a general problem…
/EDIT

I send you a link with the file…
Your help is appreciated!

Best
Stefan