Kantan Mapper - an approach on simple mapping in TD

not really sure where the latest version of Kantan is … is it the first link in the first post, dated 2011? When I download the Date Modified of the .tox is today - not really sure if this file is 4 yrs old or brand new. … maybe its some Windows 7 setting I havent set properly, which makes downloaded files ‘modified’ to today ? Or perhaps it was coincidentally updated today ? Me confused.

About Edgeblending:
Kantan does not come with edge blending tools but you can append an edge blend composite branch after the output…

Most recent version:
Yes, the most recent version will now always be posted on the first page of this thread.

Cheers
Markus

thks, got it. I had the ‘date created’ column turned off in Win7.

I’m new to Touch Designer and Kantan, so apologies if this in a obvious questions.

When I edit a bezier shape / rectangle / freeform, I’m having an issue where the vertices don’t line up vertically with the shape they are creating.

I am running on a laptop with a resolution of 1366x768 and a projector that is 1920x1080. They are set up in extended mode in Windows 8.

On the Kantan panel, I have set the resolution to 1920x1080 and when I enable the output, the sample image fills the projector area.

However all the vertices line up horizontally with the shape I’m creating, but are offset vertically. If I run without a projector connected, then everything is line up correct. I assume something is happening because the resolution of the laptop and the projector are different, but I’m not sure how to go about fixing it.

Thanks for any help.

ajk48n : i have the same problem.

my monitor resolution is 25601600 and my projector is 19201080

solution?

Hey,

i’m not quite sure how to reproduce this. Can you attach a screenshot or some step by step instructions on how this happens?

Could it be that the resolution is changed after you created the mapping?

Cheers
Markus

Hi there,

There is no way to drag the TOP to the edit window in Kantan with TD088 version 52460. Do you have a similar issue?

Cheers,
Ruokun CHEN

Hello !!
I use the version experimental 55460
i have some problems with KantanMapper

1-The output buttons doesn’t work cause the windows operator panel have changed / one button open / one button closed [in oldest version just one button I/O open]

2- BIG big problems for pointing the mask the mouse do weird thing impossible to point corectly the mapping ( the mouse move by itself)

do you have some issus for the point 2

Thx !

try using the latest stable build, that might solve the problem

Hey,

just updated the file on the first page here.

The window problem was exactly because of the change in parameters. The second problem was a newly introduced rounding issue in Panel COMP positional parameters - it’s fixed but needs more investigation where it was introduced.

Cheers
Markus

Hey,

and fixed the same magic moving mouse bug in the texture editor. Plus switched color map interpolation from Mipmap to Linear in order to get less blurry textures.

Update posted here.

Cheers
Markus

Hi
I use several masks i Kantan Mapper overlapping each other. The images in these masks have transparent background, but the masks themselves do not handle the alpha channel…or do I miss something ?
Is there an easy ways to do this ?

Thx Markus for this nice mapping tool !

I try to use the Colors Sliders to change the intensity of my Masks, but nothings change (and i don’t see any TOP level in Base). It will be nice to change easely the RGB values independently.

Problems with blending alpha on overlaping too. Resolve by activate transparency in MAT Phong Base(free)

MadMapper is an good example to follow.
Cheers

I’ve noticed a change in the way Kantan works when opening up the Output window. Previously, when Output was open, you could edit things in the main window of Touchdesigner. As of the latest update while on Build 56020, this is no longer true.

Now, when the output window is open, the program goes into performance mode, and you can no longer edit things. Is this intentional behavior?

I’ve seen that the fix for this is fairly easy within the code that is triggered on the Output: Enable button. But I was also wondering if normal use of Kantan should always be in performance mode.

Thanks

I have a moving mouse problem. Every vertex/point i touch starts moving down when i press it.

EDIT: touch 56020, kantan mapper um downloaded 18/11/15

Could you possibly share the fix to this? I haven’t been able to find an archived version of Kantan, and I wasn’t able to locate the fix myself, as I’m still a beginner with TD. However, I’ve got a project to do for school, and getting Kantan working again would be huge. Thanks!

zedmaster
I hope you have figured it out by now. But in case not, maybe this will help. I am a newbie myself and started using kantanmapper only today so if I got the solution wrong do not be angry :slight_smile:
[url]http://i.imgur.com/Bs02RaU.png[/url]

zedmaster,

Sorry for the very late reply. Boardmisha did essentially the same thing as I did. It fixes the performance mode problem.

Hey,

this slipped my todo list. just uploaded a fix for Kantan which mainly concerns the output window opening in performance mode instead of a separate window.

cheers
Markus

I was wondering if there is way to use an alpha channel inside the projection? I’d like to use two shapes that overlap and I’m driving the opacity of the shape in the front (level TOP opacity) expecting to reveal the other input connected to the shape below. But all that happens is that the top shape turns into gray.
Appreciate any tips, Cheers!