Kantan Mapper - an approach on simple mapping in TD

Hello Snaut,

same here under 30860, the Kantanmapper.tox from page 7 of this thread is not working

any plans on a future update :smiley: ?

From the recent posts it looks like Kantan Mapper needs to be looked over by Derivative, it’s an opportune time to make suggestions?

-Shapes aren’t updating when you move them, forcing you to have to do it a few times then use the keyboard.

-Can I suggest incorporating Perspective mapping (ala new stoner) into Kantan mapper? I’m yet to see a practical use for bilinear/affine transforms with projection mapping.

-Unless I’m missing something the “Grid Warp” option doesn’t seem to do anything. Would be great to have grid warping functional.

-There is potential for the texture editor(double clicked surface) to be a lot more useful by letting you edit the shape AROUND your top source before it is warping. In madmapper this is called the “input mesh”. I highly recommend having a poke around the madmapper demo to see the workflow and performance.

I think it’s really important to have these “out of the box” components working well. They give newcomers something useful straight away and also give production companies fast tools for smaller jobs.

Hey everyone,

I’ll have a look at the current issues and post a fix soon.

cheers
Markus

And hello again,

just updated the version of Kantan Mapper and fixed the bugs mentioned by bLackburst and others.

• Shapes are updating when dragged
  • Grid Warp works again (despite a problem where you loose access to the rectangle points but you can still get at them with TAB)
  • the textures are drawn in the correct orientation now

Latest version is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3070#p10803

Cheers
Markus

Thanks lots

Thanks for the update Markus! Works great on my machine (build 31900). There’s a Tscript error inside each of the mask networks (i.e. /kantanmapper/kantanmapper/controls/add_sphere/script) that I thought I’d point out. It doesn’t seem to affect the functionality of Kantan at all, but worth mentioning. I haven’t done much Tscripting yet, so not sure how to fix it right away.

Inside that script, the error occurs on these two lines:

set h = `(int(tabc("$OBJECTS",tabnr("$OBJECTS")-1,"h"))+54)%360`
set layer = `int(tabc("$TDM/layers",tabnr("$TDM/layers")-1,"layer"))+1`

Error:

Expression error: Bad data type for function or operation

Will post if I figure anything out on my end.

Wondered if somebody has figured out what the fix is? on 088 nothing works.

Sorry about this. I’ll have a fix for this in the next days.

cheers
Markus

Just fixed a couple issues in Kantan. Should be working fine again.
You can find the latest version here.

Cheers
Markus

Thank you, will test it on the weekend. By the way does Kantan Mapper support multiple projectors? (Edge blending, etc.)

not really sure where the latest version of Kantan is … is it the first link in the first post, dated 2011? When I download the Date Modified of the .tox is today - not really sure if this file is 4 yrs old or brand new. … maybe its some Windows 7 setting I havent set properly, which makes downloaded files ‘modified’ to today ? Or perhaps it was coincidentally updated today ? Me confused.

About Edgeblending:
Kantan does not come with edge blending tools but you can append an edge blend composite branch after the output…

Most recent version:
Yes, the most recent version will now always be posted on the first page of this thread.

Cheers
Markus

thks, got it. I had the ‘date created’ column turned off in Win7.

I’m new to Touch Designer and Kantan, so apologies if this in a obvious questions.

When I edit a bezier shape / rectangle / freeform, I’m having an issue where the vertices don’t line up vertically with the shape they are creating.

I am running on a laptop with a resolution of 1366x768 and a projector that is 1920x1080. They are set up in extended mode in Windows 8.

On the Kantan panel, I have set the resolution to 1920x1080 and when I enable the output, the sample image fills the projector area.

However all the vertices line up horizontally with the shape I’m creating, but are offset vertically. If I run without a projector connected, then everything is line up correct. I assume something is happening because the resolution of the laptop and the projector are different, but I’m not sure how to go about fixing it.

Thanks for any help.

ajk48n : i have the same problem.

my monitor resolution is 25601600 and my projector is 19201080

solution?

Hey,

i’m not quite sure how to reproduce this. Can you attach a screenshot or some step by step instructions on how this happens?

Could it be that the resolution is changed after you created the mapping?

Cheers
Markus

Hi there,

There is no way to drag the TOP to the edit window in Kantan with TD088 version 52460. Do you have a similar issue?

Cheers,
Ruokun CHEN

Hello !!
I use the version experimental 55460
i have some problems with KantanMapper

1-The output buttons doesn’t work cause the windows operator panel have changed / one button open / one button closed [in oldest version just one button I/O open]

2- BIG big problems for pointing the mask the mouse do weird thing impossible to point corectly the mapping ( the mouse move by itself)

do you have some issus for the point 2

Thx !

try using the latest stable build, that might solve the problem

Hey,

just updated the file on the first page here.

The window problem was exactly because of the change in parameters. The second problem was a newly introduced rounding issue in Panel COMP positional parameters - it’s fixed but needs more investigation where it was introduced.

Cheers
Markus