Kantan Mapper - an approach on simple mapping in TD

Here are two screenshots.
[url]http://www.pictureshack.ru/images/68683_077.png[/url]
[url]http://www.pictureshack.ru/images/12992_088.png[/url]

Is this working with TD 088? It could be that I just don’t know squat yet about TD, but when I open Kantan Mapper in TD 088 it does not look anything like the pictures on the wiki page. No GUI or buttons… just windows within windows with lots of information.

Hover your mouse over the component, then hit F11. Then with it highlighted, hit “A” on your keyboard, then you can click “Open controls”

hmmm… i’m on build 12960 and apparently the res of kantan sticks at 1280x720? downloaded latest comp dated from jan 2012 and control panel seems to be broken :frowning:

gonna see if i can fix this myself, but if anyone else has experienced this do share thanks!

select new mapping then edited table in base comp - :smiley:

Hi,

it seems that “Add Point” doesn’t work well with Bezier and doesn’t work with Freeform.

TD 13170.

Thanks,
Armonico

Anyone still using Kantan mapper ?
there is better solution ?
It seems to have error…
build 30580

I’m using it ok, whats the error you are seeing?

Its seems to work ok, but have some errors:
1.Once I click new mapping
2.Once I click add rectangle

There is anyway to zoom in the background image for the Roto process ?

a bug was reported where you could not add new points for Freeform or Bezier Shapes.
The attached version should fix this. It’s a workaround for now.

Cheers
Markus

Hey,Thank you.

Thank you Markus,

Is it also bug?

When I drag and drop one image file to rectangle area, it reflects.
So I always use flip TOP

best,
Nao

I noticed this as well. I think it has to do with the direction that you draw your shape. This causes the other shapes to either not display an image or display a flipped image on account of the normals facing the wrong direction.

The funny thing is, I’m pretty sure it worked correctly on a much earlier Touch Designer Build.

Ya its strange, in Nao’s case he just has 2 default rectangles.

Dear Snaut,

thanks for the workaround but this version of kantan doesn’t let to open edit window and output. TD 30660 here.

Thanks,
armonico

Hello Snaut,

same here under 30860, the Kantanmapper.tox from page 7 of this thread is not working

any plans on a future update :smiley: ?

From the recent posts it looks like Kantan Mapper needs to be looked over by Derivative, it’s an opportune time to make suggestions?

-Shapes aren’t updating when you move them, forcing you to have to do it a few times then use the keyboard.

-Can I suggest incorporating Perspective mapping (ala new stoner) into Kantan mapper? I’m yet to see a practical use for bilinear/affine transforms with projection mapping.

-Unless I’m missing something the “Grid Warp” option doesn’t seem to do anything. Would be great to have grid warping functional.

-There is potential for the texture editor(double clicked surface) to be a lot more useful by letting you edit the shape AROUND your top source before it is warping. In madmapper this is called the “input mesh”. I highly recommend having a poke around the madmapper demo to see the workflow and performance.

I think it’s really important to have these “out of the box” components working well. They give newcomers something useful straight away and also give production companies fast tools for smaller jobs.

Hey everyone,

I’ll have a look at the current issues and post a fix soon.

cheers
Markus

And hello again,

just updated the version of Kantan Mapper and fixed the bugs mentioned by bLackburst and others.

• Shapes are updating when dragged
  • Grid Warp works again (despite a problem where you loose access to the rectangle points but you can still get at them with TAB)
  • the textures are drawn in the correct orientation now

Latest version is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3070#p10803

Cheers
Markus

Thanks lots