super basic hotkey example

thought this might help save someone learning a few hours of wikidiving. / syntax headaches. It took me a while to track down and wrap my head around the needed ui and panes syntax.

Or maybe someone will have some tips on upgrading it, regardless I felt it was worth sharing.

my “alt -m” modules pane toggle trick is turning out to be super useful ( see below )

This is not universal, you will need to edit it and plug in your own absolute paths for it to work
but I thought it might be a useful starting point for someone looking at adding their own custom hotkeys, especially for those interested in automating interactions with the touch designer panes themselves.

I put this in my modules container in local

It could easily be expanded by adding more hotkeys / features

I love modules, and try to put all my scripting in them: note the modules pane hotkey “alt-m” which acts as a toggle to split my pane in 1/3 as a “home’d” modules network… its so I can then quick open the one I want up in sublime with the “edit_code” hotkey: alt+“.” to edit it … and then re-close that module pane with the same alt-“m” hotkey.
hotkeys_example.tox (1.84 KB)