Layouting Panels with Align, Justify and Fit

I made a little example File that should clarify how to use the Panel Parameters Align, Justify and Fit.

Open up the layout.tox and open the control panel /layout. Now navigate to /layout/header. This container has 3 children called “text”, “filler” and “rightend”. When looking at the Parameters of each container, you will see that I set the “Fit” and with it the “Fill Horizontal” and “Fill Vertical” differently. “text” and “rightend” have the “Fill Horizontal” set to “Fixed” where the “filler” container is set to “Stretch”. With their parents “Align” Parameter set to “Layout Horizontal” , I didn’t have to specify a size that sums up to /layout/header’s width and still get a a header section that fills the full width of the control panel (Each one has a width of 100 where as their parent has a width of 400).
The order in which components are being aligned is determined by the “Align Order” Parameter of each one.

Check through the component and click the buttons which change the type of alignment. Unfortunately you have to resize the control panel manually a little bit (alternatively reopen it) after clicking a button to see a result. Check each Buttons “Fit” parameter to see why and how it is stretching in the different Align modes.

Hope this gives you a good idea.

markus
layout.tox (2.18 KB)