DMX node

Hi

Ive been using this node to map out dmx channels to my loop player for lighting desks.

The best thing about it is that you can change the start adress of the “fixture” and all the out channels are mapped to the dmx startadress.

I would like to see this feature built in into the dmx in node, beacuse lighting heads always repatch everything all the time.

Ill leave it from here, feel free to use and make changes.

cheers
DMX_Node.tox (35.4 KB)

Hey kinglevel,

I took a look at your patch and can see how you are switching between different devices for testing.

I’m just a little unclear as to what feature you are asking for in the DMX In? Can you just use the parameters to change the dmx start address? Is there another component you were connecting this DMX_node.tox to that contained a DMX Out?

Thanks for any clarification!

Lets see if i understand+explain this right…

The main feature of the DMX_node.tox is the dmx start adress feature, it maps a span of dmx adresses to a “never name changing” out chop to make sure that network wont break + will give you the feature to change the start adress of the dmx span you like to use. Like a moving head or RGB fixture for an example… if you know how that works?

the other features are just basic, dmx source change + dmx test faders (did i include that?).

so basically this dmx node is made for mapping dmx adresses for easy use in touch and will give you the possibility to change start adress of your map.
thats why i made it, so its easy to change start adress on the fly if the lighting rig+touch needs to be repatched.

is that understandable? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: