Led Pixel Mapping (ShowJockey DMX over Ethernet)

Hello,

Recently I’ve purchased a show jockey LED DMX controller which is DMX over ethernet, so i can have 4 universe as my output. It is working perfectly fine when i’m working with MadMapper. But, now i’m trying to use the same hardware setup with TouchDesigner.

When i’m using the chop dmx out where i’ve entered the IP address and subnet information.
Using the constant chop to check the output but it is not having any output in my led’s. I’m Using art-net as my source.

So i would like i know does TD supports Showjockey DMX over Ethernet.

I’ll be really happy if anyone can help me out of creating a pixel grid in TD just like we have in MadMapper and then how can i progress in terms of creating a volumetric lighting system with TD.

Love and Respect
Tejaswi
DMXOut.toe (3.98 KB)

Can you try turning off Windows firewall if it’s on? Sometimes TouchDesigner can get stuck behind it.

I’m working on Mac OS.

Can you try turning off the Mac firewall?

Yeah its already off. Is it because i’m working on the beta version of mac.

Try setting the IP address in the DMX Out CHOP to 255.255.255.255. Right now you’re sending to 192.168.1.1 which is either your router, or if the ShowJockey is set to 192.168.1.1, it may be looking for data to appear on the traditional 2.whatever IP address of old art-net.

Also subnet should probably be zero unless you explicitly somehow set the ShowJockey to listen to subnet 1. I don’t have a mac or a ShowJockey to test it out on, but it should definitely work if it’s all Art-Net