Inline text formatting

Hi! I’m pulling lines of text from a Table DAT into a Text TOP and am trying to figure out how to do some inline text formatting. Is there anyone that’s done this successfully and care to share techniques/thoughts on approaching it?

I’m just looking for bold and italic formatting. So, taking lines like this:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

And outputting this:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

I’m guessing that it involves a custom solution of splitting up the different parts of the sentence, giving each a custom text top and then merging them back together. What’s the best way to approach it given that I need this to be done for a “live” table (so the data will be changing every X minutes)?

There are some solutions to check around the forums. Most of the previous techniques I’ve had to make involve splitting up words based on formatting and putting them back together, but lately it’s easier to actually make a quick web server (either in TouchDesigner or not), and then rendering the text through HTMl using a Web TOP. I think Richard Burns posted a component that has a bunch of this stuff built in, but can’t remember where it’s at, check the shared forums section.

Recently needed this but pro support was too much for the budget. Would be a great feature for the text top.

Moving this off the techniques forum onto the general forum

My approach is here:

[url]https://github.com/Richard-Burns/textlayoutCOMP[/url]