Touch Designer Pre-Vis Tool

I have connected a markerbased tracking / AR Toolkit Plus with Touch Designer using the Shared Memory Interface.
Watch the explanatory video or download the full description we have submitted in February 2008 for siggraph demo.
previzart.com

Great work Jörg! One more reason to go to FMX next month. Will you show your application all week?

Get on the plane to Stuttgart Rodney :wink:

thanks a lot Achim, looking forward to see you (and Rodney) at FMX. the booth will be there all week (5th-8th), and i ll be at the booth most of the time :nerd:

Yaaay Jörg!

I won’t make it this time - a bit caught up in parenthood etc. :slight_smile:

The drag and drop stuff looks great. I have got the ‘classic’ (or ‘vanilla’) version of ARToolkit working but still have registration problems. I have not got a programmer to help me convert over to use the ‘matrix’ fields in the pre-transform tabs yet. However, I’ll go to Japan for 6 weeks starting May 20th and I’ll be a guest at Hiro’s lab for 4 weeks, so I’ll hav ea student and Hiro to help me iron out the glitches a bit.

In the meantime, I’m playing around with tools to make new markers using dingbat fonts etc. and a drag and drop selection of which markers to use in a given project etc.

I’m also hoping to make a VRML to touch convertor to bring old ARToolkit models into touch. ‘basically’ it’s a matter of churning through the huge index face sets that maya and 3dx max make and convert the keyframe interpolator nodes into chops.

I may have a student in august to help out on that.

Jörg, I’ll send the code later next week. when I get a programmer again, I’ll go back and get ARToolkit+ working and try to incorporate some other tracking libraries such as Bazar and Reactivision (the latter ‘should’ work already using OSC straight into touch if anyon’es game to try it).

Unfortunately, my siggraph proposal really sucked because I was going it alone and badly multitasking at the time. :slight_smile:

However, I might try for a poster.

cheers,
Rodney