1st visual-instrument demo

Hello everyone,

I got my vimeo account setup today and posted my first demo. I don’t think I have officially introduced myself, so… My name is Ian, and I live in Albuquerque, NM, USA. (if anybody is from these parts, let’s get together and projection-map a hot air balloon! :wink: ) I got myself an architecture degree a year ago, then started doing product design, and now I am getting back into the digital media scene. I have lots of ideas for performance-based music visuals. The following is my foray into what I hope to be an exciting new chapter.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/49983069[/vimeo]

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my flood of questions on the forum. The community and the fact that there is a learning edition of touch has allowed me to start to realize what I have been dreaming about doing for a long time.

Also slowly starting to populate my website if anybody cares to check it out. KITBASHop.com Pretty bare atm, but hopefully soon it will be filled with TD visuals.

Wow, really nice work Ian. Can’t wait to see more! The tune was pretty cool too. Out of curiosity did you use Ableton Sync or were you using Maschine standalone (or just in TouchDesigner)?

Keep em coming!!

Thanks, elburz :slight_smile: I just used the Maschine hardware as a stand-alone midi controller in Touch-- no other programs used.

Fancy finger-work! Looks amazing and great use of the controls.

How do you like the Maschine Micro? The current one is on sale now for $199 since they have a new one coming out in oct and I was thinking about picking on up. Do you know if there are any differences other than the colored buttons available on the newer model?

From what I understand, it just has RGB led’s everywhere and interchangeable face plates. Where’s it on sale for 199$? That’s a pretty great price. All maschine users get free update for 1.8 which includes Massive.

Yep, the LEDs are the only significant difference in the hardware. I contemplated returning mine for an upgrade, since I think it would be useful to color-code my visual effects, but I have yet to figure out how or if it is possible to control the LEDs from Touch.

Great piece of hardware so far though :nerd:

moogaudio.com, I think they all must be clearing inventory to make way for the newer model.