right mouse click on parameters

Hi,
It would be really nice to add a feature to have a right mouse click on a parameter to restore the default value. I use this a lot in applications like 3ds max and resolume.

NIce to play around changing parameters and seeing what happens. Happend quite often that i change too much and dont remember what the default values were. In some cases i even delete the current operator and lay down a new one to reset everything.

Cheers,
r

That’s a good one.

In the mean time, you can right click on the whole operator and reset all parameters at once.

You can also get to this with a bit of python if you need to do it by hand:

op( 'target_op' ).par.target_par = op( 'target_op' ).par.target_par.default

You can right now (in 099 at least) right-click on a parameter and select “Reset Parameter” and it resets just that parameter to its default value. If the option is greyed out, its an indicator the parameter is already at its default value.

Another lesser known trick if you make a change to a numeric parameter, you can ctrl+LMB (or cmd+LMB on macOS) to jump back to the previous value it was at. Great for trying a new value and jumping back and forth between the two! A long time ago this used to be just a RMB click on the parameter but the functionality is still there in the modifier+LMB form now.

1 Like