Custom .txt filetypes

Not a big worry, but it would be handy to be able to define custom filetypes for the “save contents” option in a text dat. I’m currently using Touch designer to play CNC. Different CNC machines and software use different filetypes to mask basic .txt files. If we could manually set up the export filetype to a novel extension within the network, that would be swell. Just ducky, and make this process more available to more machines/Gcodes.

The image is a ramp top, to a cartesion to polar image filter comp, to a twirl image filtercomp, with some transform tops, to Touchcutter beta 3D raster cutting build, to Thuja occidentalis. A Quick, simple cut, but could be made more simple if I could save my G code files as .nc instead of .txt

I’ve been messing with it a lot, and there a few videos I’ll be uploading about TD milling with a CNC. I’ll start a thread then, but until then here are a few scattered thoughts on the topic.

youtube.com/playlist?list=P … LfK3SPbsTK

I’m pretty sure you can already do this with python:

derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … tDAT_Class

name = n.save() #save in native format with default name n.save('output.txt') #human readable format without channel names

Your file path can be any file name with any extension - just gave this a test with .hrm (made up extension).