Touch UI wishlist!

Hey Folks!
Since I’ve been using Houdini for years and love its UI ,So I wish we will see some of them in touch :slight_smile:

1.changing Default Values : when you change parameters would be cool if the font get bold,so artists who open your toe will understand what parameters you have changed!

2.Press Tab : to create a node(patch)you can right click or press tab;either way both working!
would be cool if right click kept the same but about press Tab:when you press tab a rectangle box popups and when you starting typing letters it guesses the patch,so you don’t need to look for patch in the full list and use mouse to choose it.you just use type it and press Enter,

3.Local Variable :in Houdini we have many Local Variables which are very handy!for example:
in transform Sop you want to Center pivot to current obj you just need to put this Variable in pivot fields $CEX,$CEY,$CEZ
so the pivot set to center of the transform and you dont need to worry about fansy chop and stuff

4.HUD : something bothers me is that giant local axis in Sop patches,it is nice if we control displaying HUD in the whole scene from preferences menu

5.Camera :touch Camera something gets confused to control!espacially when you want to anim it,again!Houdini has very clever way to look through cam,I wish we have the same thing in touch too

Thank you Markus for giving me the chance to write my wishlist and thank you Derivative for Amazing Software :slight_smile:

well…Maybe you should play with TouchDesigner a few hours more before you post RFE’s :unamused: :wink:

If you click the top-right icon in the Parameter dialog, you’ll see only parameters which have a non-default valuenon-default.png

Have you actually tried doing this? TouchDesigner has worked like this since forever

TouchDesigner has had this since its first edition. See bottom of the help page about the Transform SOP
Since edition 088 TD has switched to a more flexible Python format though. You can Switch any node between the Python /T-Script (T-script has the same variables as Houdini) with the Language Toggle button:language-toggle.png

Did you know you can activate viewer of a SOP node, rightclick, display options, you can set the origin to hidden?

I guess it would be a bit more helpful if you explained what exactly you need, instead of saying ‘make it like Houdini’ :wink:

Welcome to the forum, and have fun playing with TD!