Two subtle GUI suggestions

1) Node connection with replacing a patchcord with one coming from a different node.

This scenario happens when copy/pasting a chunk of nodes and then connecting a different source to the “input” of the chunk.

Even though I’m dragging a connection to a single patchcord, because my current selection includes all of the new nodes that I just pasted, I will create a new connection with every selected nodes. This behavior is quite useful in most cases but I think that when you’re dragging the patchcord over a single patchcord instead of over an input of the node, it should only replace this single patchcord rather than create new connections because visually, your attention is not on the multiple nodes, it’s on a single connection to that group of nodes and you are not creating new connections, you are replacing an existing one so it should not rearrange the behavior of the whole group.

2) The look and position of the Pulse custom parameter.

I would like the label of the Pulse to be written on the button itself.

TouchDesigner099_2017-01-14_11-47-23.png

Also, I often have this kind of setup for preset pages. It would be nice to have more than one pulse per line. Or more than one button per Pulse parameter, just like how you have create 4 floats that gives you rgba.

So yeah, nothing groundbreaking here, just thoughts that cross my mind in my daily usage of TD.

Thanks for your feedback. Labels on Pulse buttons are on the short list of things to do and we’ll take a look at the other good suggestions here too.