DAT improvement ideas

1. It would be great if the textport view for tables had a shift-select or control-select feature so that users could select multiple rows at once. That would help with deleting multiple rows/columns at once.

2. It would be nice to have a quick way to copy one table’s contents into another. I’d like to drag a File in DAT on top of a Table DAT, click some kind of confirmation button, and then have the content copied over. It would be an editor-window feature to replace

op('table1').copy(op('filein1'))

Some users may not want this feature because they would accidentally prompt the confirmation button too many times. Maybe this could be done with a right-click, copy and then “paste-into” feature.

1. DATs whose lines contain both python code and python comments do not change the color of the python comment. For example, in
a = 1 + 1 # add numbers together

the comment # add numbers together is the same bluish color as the code a = 1 + 1. I think the comment should be a gray color. It’s probably not the most important thing…

+1 to all of those ideas.

I often end up opening each DAT with the external editor just to copy one DAT to another.

All the plus ones for the shift and control select abilities.

For the copying data between DATs, I’ve gotten in the habit of clicking the edit button and editing the DATs in an external editor. Then you could do that instead of adding a file in DAT. I’m pretty happy with Notepad++ as an external editor.

Speaking of… Anyone else have suggestions for a quick loading (aka not LibreOffice) external spreadsheet program that will display Tab Separated Text Files as an easily editable spreadsheet?

Excel works pretty good for me, except the annoying warning when you re-save as tab-delimited.