APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Hokuyo Laser Scanner Support

Send us your requests for enhancements (RFEs)

Re: Hokuyo Laser Scanner Support

Postby b34npour » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi PiveJuma23,

Hmm, I haven't seen that error, very strange. Can you run the .exe from visual studio in debug mode to get more info on what's happening?

To be frank, I abandoned that .exe I built when the Hokuyo CHOP came out in 099 - but I also haven't tried the Hokuyo CHOP with USB Hokuyos, just ethernet versions. If I have a second I'll try to reconnect my old UTM-30LX and see if it works with the Hokuyo CHOP.
b34npour

Postby eric.b » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:01 am

Which Hokuyo device do you have? If it's serial, do you have the correct serial port selected? Also make sure UrgBenri isn't connected at the same time.
eric.b
Staff

Postby PiveJuma23 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi again folks!
Sorry for the lately answer.

In the case of the Shared Memory solution, I figured out what was the problem (it was about my Visual Studio setup for compiling all the solution), however, I don´t know if it´s working correctly, I´m only getting one channel.

By the other hand, I´m working with Hokuyo UTM-30LX via USB, I have the correct serial port selected and UrgBenri isn´t connected. I have to move start step paramater to make it work.

Thanks a lot! and it would be amazing to know if you´re having the same issue with your Hokuyo. :)
PiveJuma23

Postby PiveJuma23 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:09 pm

I attached some screenshots of both problems...

PiveJuma23

Postby eric.b » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:25 pm

Changing the step parameters will send out a new stream command to the device so the problem is probably that the device is not receiving the first stream command sent. Turning active off then on should also work to send another command.

I'll fix this for the next official build by having it send another command if the first did not work.
eric.b
Staff

Postby PiveJuma23 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:30 pm

eric.b wrote:Changing the step parameters will send out a new stream command to the device so the problem is probably that the device is not receiving the first stream command sent. Turning active off then on should also work to send another command.

I'll fix this for the next official build by having it send another command if the first did not work.

I´ve already try turning off to on, and nothing happens :( but I´ll keep trying with Shared Mem.

Thanks for the attention :)
PiveJuma23

Postby b34npour » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:08 pm

Hey PiveJuma - nice work getting it to compile and run! I'm sorry the code isn't pretty; makes me realize how badly I need to comment...

I believe that just one channel is correct though - it's outputting the distance of each point, which you can convert to XY coordinates. If I can find the .toe that I made to convert it I'll post.

However, I highly recommend trying to get the Hokuyo CHOP to work if possible! Derivative definitely have a much more robust solution in there, and running an external exe is a hassle (and my scary code scares me). And it converts to XY for you in the CHOP.
b34npour

Postby PiveJuma » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Hey!!

Hokuyo CHOP is working perfectly fine!

Thanks for the attention b34npour and eric.b!!

Cheers!!
PiveJuma

Postby ahlynsky » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:45 am

I've just started playing with one of these. How are you using the data? my hope was to make a touch screen type system, but im having trouble making sense of the data coming out of the Hokuyo Chop.

Any tips on how to make the polar/Cartesian info more useful?
ahlynsky

Previous

Return to Wishlist and RFEs