FIXED: network parameter box doesn't remember size

Every op you click on expands the network view’s floating upper right parameter box (necessarily for layout reasons).

Fair enough, but when I click on a node that doesn’t require the width to be as big as the last dialog (I’m looking at you glsl mat), it should shrink down again to the smallest allowable size - or perhaps revert to the size as I had left it on that selected op.

Otherwise every parameter window ends up huge over time. It’s quite literally a ‘feature’ that keeps creeping as it stands now.

Coupled with the home hotkey (‘h’ shortcut) not taking into account the visible center of the network pane (it ignores the floating parameter box blocking your view) it makes fast network navigation more cumbersome than it should when working with smaller views.

thanks!

the parameter box will now resize to optimal when node type changes, build 15760+.

Thanks, I’m appreciative that ya’ll fix the little annoying things :smiley:

I know this is an old post, but is there any chance we could get an option in the network preferences to have the parameter box remember it’s last used position, with possibly a “return to optimal” button that shows up when that option is enabled? There have been several times where it would be convenient to pull it out for long expressions.

Thanks!

Cris