cache reload

Hi, just wondering if there might be a chance to re look at how the cache TOP works?

i had a project where images were dynamically loaded onto a shared drive by another application and Touch would access them. So it was fine to reload the image in the movieIn TOP, but then to make it update in the cache TOP you have to ‘play’ the movieIn and then cache it.
Perhaps I am doing it entirely the stupid way, but I couldn’t make it work any other way
I would prefer it if it were possible that the cache could just simply dump the entire range of its cachi-enss (eg 50frames) into memory without having to play it through first?

Cheers

Jason

How many images are we talking about in the cache?

First, it’s not totally crazy to have 200 single-image Movie In TOPs in one component, moviein1 to moviein200, each with whatever filename you want.

You can zap the Reload parameter to re-read an image if you want.

Then to avoid managing a zillion lines going into a Switch TOP, use a Select TOP with "movieinchop("myindex/index") as its TOP path.

Or back using the Cache TOP, with Play set to 0, you can reload the entire cache by turning on and off the Pre-Fill parameter, which will automatically run frame 1 to whatever frame # your cache size is and fill the cache. You can then animate the Index (0 to negative#, wher 0 is the latest).