Record CHOP: ALWAYS ON?

I’m trying to record/trail a chop only when the input chan cooks (passively) and if I activate the recording/trail.

Trail CHOP does sample just on value change but it doesn’t have the activate chan that Record CHOP does, but then if I wanted to use Record CHOP to have control of it’s recording through the extra 0-1 chan, it will cook always even when the 2nd input is set to 0 (off). I would have assumed that a second channel at 0 val would stop its cooking as when you set the record mode to off, but nope. Bug?

Also, the manual says that when ‘record output’ is set to ‘current frame at frame 1’, then If the channels are not changing value, “it reduces the amount of cooking that takes place”, but in reality I didn’t find any combination of anything that caused the cooking to stop (with the exception of record off). Maybe this cooking is ultra-light, I don’t know.

I guess that I could set a Logic CHOP (with it’s upcoming ‘on value change’ feature) to set its recording mode to ‘off’.

The cooking is ultra light when the record parameter is set to off, much like a Null CHOP.

good, is the blinking connectors that set me on my guard, I should ask the performance monitor.

but if the active 2nd chop is off and is not cooking, why would Record CHOP care to cook and spit it’s blinking on my eye?