version switcher

I know there’s a long history of wanting a version switcher for touch, and I don’t want to rock the boat too much. However, I think Unity’s approach to having another app - Unity Hub - to manage this process is a pretty reasonable idea. Doesn’t require that the app itself doing the version handling, and makes room for multiple (even experimental) versions. Worth giving a look-see for how Touch might approach this same kind of challenge:

docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Getting … tyHub.html

Long history of me complaining about it! Zing. :laughing:

I think with the faster dev cycles it’s a bit crazy not to have one. /extract works but it’s a cumbersome workflow and not a welcoming one to explain to new users. In the ideal world, the version the toe is built with is baked in as metadata, and when you launch it, it’ll open the Hub type app, select the appropriate version, or ask you which version you want to choose. Would also need some command line flags so that you could force a version and bypass warnings.

I think most apps at this point have a version switching app. Unreal has one, Unity has one, or at least you can run a bunch of them in parallel, like Adobe CC lets you keep the older versions installed when you upgrade.

+1. yes please!!!

To give an example : I’m currently working on 4 simultaneous projects for 4 different clients where each client uses a different version of TD on their machine park.
A version switcher app would save me so much time each day.

+1

+1
A versioning system similar to Unity Hub for would be a boon to TouchDesigner’s workflow.

+1 A must have

+1

+99 !

auctions are open !!

Same here, I have to manage ,nearly, with 5 different builds my running applications.
getting confused …

+1