drag to cut cable shortcut key

hi,

In blender it’s CTRL. You can hold down CTRL and left-click drag on a cable in the node editor and it will slice it.

Might be cool to explore the idea of multiple shortcuts like this. IE: CTRL-SHIFT to insert an operator.

Mostly I just find the process of right-clicking on cables to be kind of a buzzkill, so maybe it’s worth creating shortcuts for the most common things people do that for. :slight_smile:

I wish there was a key I could hit to just delete a connection as my mouse was hovering over it, but I imagine that could be dangerous.

I have found, however, that on most nodes, if you have a connection coming into said node, you can click on that input (that already has a connection coming into it) and drag left into open space to disconnect it.

tdquickdis.gif
This doesn’t work too intuitively on multi input nodes, and sadly doesn’t work AT ALL on COMPonents, but it’s the quickest way I’ve found to disconnect stuff without the right click menu.

I wasn’t suggesting it would work as you hover. Here’s a screenshot of the blender implementation. I think it’s a useful gestural shorthand.

cableCut.gif