ADDED (WebRTC): Video Stream over the Internet?

Has anyone tried sending low latency frames over the internet? I know the video streaming RTSP is supported, but that’s now regarded as the worst latency option.

I’m looking to roll my own chat, basically - using UDP or a UDP based protocol to work around very high network latencies (International) and of course taking advantage of stuff like NVENC encoding to get the best quality we can. Point to point, and known source and destinations, so I shouldn’t need a formal protocol, although being able to adjust image size and compression rates to cope with the network would be great (as some protocols seem to).

Any suggestions? It would be most convenient to do they internally in Touch, but I suppose I could do it on the side as well.

Bruce

PS In terms of formal protocols, sounds like WebRTC is the new gold standard.

1 Like

Follow up to my own question:

Feature Request: WebRTC supported in the VideoStreamOut TOP.

I believe the fun parts start here:
webrtc.org/native-code/

Bruce

1 Like

Bumping this again.

WebRtc would be a sick add and super helpful.

+1

Would be great!

Just moved this over to Wishlist and RFE’s!

Has there been any new developments on this?
I’m trying to stream a friends webcam over to my device for manipulation it in TD and forward it to OBS Studio over NDI to stream it via twitch. RTSP would be okay, but very tricky to set up and high latency.
At this moment we use a Skype-Stream, which is not the best solution, but the most stable option so far…

So will there be a WebRTC-Support in the near future?

Edit from Derivative: WebRTC support was added in 2022.20000+ builds.