Parameter COMP and Panel CHOP

It’d be great if the parameter COMP had other working values such as select etc.

Use case example: I’m storing the parameters values in a table DAT. I want to update the table on ending the interaction with a slider for example, not during moving the slider as this would cause a drop in frame rate running every frame.

Actually whilst I’m on the parameter COMP it’d be nice to be able to disable parameters but have them a bit easier to read. An example of when you’d want this is in my Projector Component which shows you things such as lux and mm per pixel etc on the info page. I don’t want people to be able to edit these parameters, they are purely there for show.

select panel values:
Interesting concept.
Are you using the Par Exec DAT to monitor changes?
Would it be useful to have a flag there that signifies when its sliding?

readable disabled parameters:
Maybe this could be implemented as Par.readOnly flag with a slightly different look?

Read disabled would be really useful yeah.

For the first one, it’d be good if all panel values worked whilst interacting with the Parameter COMP. Currently only insideu and insidev and the focus select channels work. It’d be great if when I click on a parameter my select channel in the panel chop inside sets itself to 1 etc.

I dont want to know when its sliding as I’ll execute the script every frame, only when I’m finished sliding.